1. The present practice notes (the "Practice Notes) of the Cairo Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (the "Centre" or "CRCICA) shall govern the Centre's policies regarding the following decisions under CRCICA's Arbitration Rules in force since 1 March 2011 (the "Rules"):
- The Centre's decision not to proceed with arbitral proceedings in accordance with Article 6 of the Rules
- The application of Article 10(3) of the Rules regarding multiparty arbitrations and its correlation with Article (9/2)
- The notification to the parties and the arbitral tribunals of the submissions deposited by the parties, in light of Article 17(4) & (5) and Article 48 of the Rules
- The termination of already suspended arbitral proceedings due to failure of payment of the costs of the arbitration
- The determination of the fees of the arbitral tribunal based on sums in dispute exceeding three million US Dollars in accordance with the scales set out in Table (3) annexed to the Rules
- The determination of the costs of the arbitration according to Article 42(5) of the Rules in the case of the arbitral tribunal's decision to terminate the proceedings before the issuance of a final award according to Article 36 of the Rules
- The partial payment of fees to the resigning arbitrators
- The Advance partial payment of the arbitrators' fees after the oral hearing under Article 45(8) of the Rules
2. The present Practice Notes shall apply where the parties have agreed to refer their disputes to arbitration under the Rules.
3. The discretion and role of the Centre in the abovementioned matters shall be determined pursuant to its Rules and its decisions, as explained in the following procedures.
4. The present Practice Notes have been approved by the Centre's Advisory Committee ("AC") in its meeting dated 23 June 2014 and shall apply to all currently pending CRCICA cases.
CRCICA Practice Notes JUNE 2014 (English version)
CRCICA Practice Notes JUNE 2014 (Arabic version)