Dr. Sarie Eldin is the Founder & Managing Partner of Sarie-Eldin & Partners Legal Advisors firm (SE&P). He is also a Professor of Commercial & Maritime Law at Cairo University, with a 32-year of local and international experience in International Arbitration, Business Law, including Commercial Law, Capital Markets, Privatization, Corporate Finance, Project Finance, Corporate Restructures, Mergers & Acquisitions, construction contracts. He advises on major transactions taking place in Egypt, and in the Middle East and North Africa region.
Dr. Sarie Eldin also served as an expert and sole arbitrator in ICC, and as appointed arbitrator and Chairman in a number of international arbitrations under DIAC (UAE) and CRCICA (Egypt).
Dr. Sarie Eldin has an extensive experience in management and development of the performance of joint-stock companies where he is participating in the board of directors of a number of companies including the following:
- • Chairman of Union Capital Financial Advisory,
- • Non-Executive Chairman of (Bedaya Mortgage Finance) an Egyptian joint stock company for mortgage financing,
- • Vice-Chairman of Philip Morris – Egypt,
- • Board Member of Talaat Moustafa Group (TMG),
- • Chairman of Al Wafd Newspaper,
- • Board Member of CI Capital Holding,
- • Board Member of Egyptian British Chamber of Commerce (EBCC),
- • Board Member of Alexandria Portland Cement Company,
- • Board Member of Arabian Food Industries Company (DOMTY),
- • Board Member of Egyptian Real Estate Fund,
Prior to establishing SE&P firm in 2007, Dr. Sarie Eldin was the Chairman of the Egyptian Capital Market Authority (now the Financial Capital Authority). During his tenure, Dr. Sarie-Eldin succeeded in carrying out the most significant institutional and legislative reform in Egyptian capital market practice and laws, transforming it into one of the most developed and organized markets in the Middle East region.
Dr. Sarie Eldin was on board of directors of numerous public entities. Include the following:
- President of the Middle East Institute for Law and Development of the Institute of International Law, Washington.
- Lecturer of Law & Economic Development, Queen Mary Collage-University of London.
- Vice President of American Chamber of Commerce in Egypt.
- Group Director & General Counsel, Al-Futtaim Group, United Arab Emirates.
- Senior Partner and Head of Capital Market Group, Shalakany Law Office.
- Central Bank of Egypt (CBE), General Authority for Investment and Free Zones, General Authority For Tourism Development, Egypt Post Authority, Egyptian Holding Company for Airports and Air Navigation, Electricity Regulatory Authority, Consumer Protection Regulatory Authority, Banque Misr, ALEXBANK (before privatization), United Bank of Egypt, Toyota Egypt, Lecico Egypt, Al Tawfiq Leasing Company, Pioneers Holding Company, Prime Holding Company and Akhbar Al Youm for Investment Company.
Dr. Sarie Eldin is highly regarded for both his academic and professional experience and has been internationally ranked as a "Leading Lawyer" for his research in legal sciences in the IFLR1000 rankings and an "Eminent Practioner" in the Chambers & Partners rankings as well as the Intl Magazine Global.
Dr. Sarie Eldin was involved in drafting various vital Egyptian laws and regulations, such as the Egyptian Banking, Concession, Antitrust, Consumer Protection Laws, Takeover, Mutual Fund & Private Equity, Price Manipulation & Insider Trading Regulations, Corporate Governance rules for listed companies on the stock exchange and the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) model on E-Signature.
Dr. Sarie-Eldin wrote numerous legal books and articles in Arabic and English and some of them have been translated into French. The titles of these publications include:-
"Consortia Agreements in the International Construction Industry" with special reference to Egypt.
"Kluwer Law International, and Commercial Companies in Egypt",
"Egyptian Companies Law",
"Negotiation of Contracts and Preliminary Agreements",
"Infrastructure Projects Privately Financed",
"Transfer of Technology",
"Mandatory Tender Offers, Capital Market Law",
"Private Equity Fund - Theory & Practice",
"Arbitration in Joint Ventures Disputes",
Dr. Sarie-Eldin has attained an "Excellency Academic Award" for his research in legal sciences from Cairo University.
His book "It Is The Economy Dear" has been published in 2016.
- 1994: Ph.D. in International Business Law, Center for Commercial Law Studies, Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London
- 1988/89: Diplomas of Private and Public Laws, Cairo University ( Distinction) Class Ranking: 1st
- 1987: License en Droit, Cairo University (Distinction)