Eng. Aisha Nadar
Area of Expertise:
Procurement and contract management, arbitration, mediation, dispute boards, and expert witness. Over 30 years of handson international experience in all phases of procurement, project execution and dispute resolution of complex infrastructure and defence systems.
Mediator, arbitrator and dispute board member
– Arbitrator and Dispute Board (DB) member in plant, engineering, construction and defence contracts with ICC, FIDIC,SCC, LCIA, DIAC and ad-hoc arbitration experience.
– Mediator construction and defence contracts. Successfully mediated construction cases to settlement with issues thatincluded design-build contract interpretation, completeness of design, scope of work, design defect, negligent design and engineering, changed site conditions and insurance coverage.
– Consultant to parties and party counsel on case evaluation and dispute management strategy development.
– Consultant, responsible for carrying out assignments related to dispute resolution for organizations such as the World Bank (mediation in construction), USAID and US DoD.
Procurement and Contract Management
-Recognized specialist in project planning, tender documentation preparation, proposal evaluation and contract administration for large scale, cross-border projects in construction and infrastructure sectors. In-depth knowledge of
Federation of International Consulting Engineers (FIDIC), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) American Institute of Architects (AIA) and drafting bespoke conditions of contract.
– Contract management USAF program to provide Egypt with tri-service Secondary Surveillance Capability. Supervised multi-disciplinary team in all phases of system acquisition. (US Air Force military assistance to Egypt). (Hanscom Air Force Base and Cairo, Egypt).
– USAF project Engineer, responsible for contract administration; including system development, test and deployment of automated air defence system (in-plant and on-site).
Visiting Research Fellow, Construction Contracts and Dispute Resolution, University of London (2007-2012).
Invited speaker at universities and specialized conferences: KTH Royal Institute of Technology (Sweden); Kings College; Harvard University; Stockholm University; FIDIC Users’ Conferences; Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) Diploma Course in International Commercial Arbitration (Oxford University); Society of Construction Law (SCL); International Bar Association (IBA); Dispute Review Board Foundation (DRBF); International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Conferences; National Contract Management Association (NCMA); University of London; and Melbourne School of law.
Committees and Task Groups
Panel of Conciliators, International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) (2020-present);
Member; Advisory Committee, Cairo Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (CRCICA);
Adjudicator, FIDIC President’s List (2015-present);
Member, FIDIC Board (2016-present);
Co-Chair, ICC Task force for update of ICC Final Report on Construction Industry Arbitrations.
LL.M. (International Commercial Dispute Resolution), Queen Mary, University of London, 2007;
Accredited Mediator (IMI), UK (CIArb, 2005) and Texas (SMU, 2006);
Graduate Diploma, Alternative Dispute Resolution, SMU, Dallas, Texas, 2006;
Graduate Diploma, International Commercial Arbitration, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb), 2005;
MBA, (Information Systems Management) University of Texas, Austin, 1996;
BSc (Electrical Engineering), University of Nebraska, Lincoln, 1987.