Dr. Mohiedin Ismail ALAMEDIN (1933-2018)
Former Senior Legal Advisor
Ph.D. – Commercial Law From the Faculty of Law, Cairo University, 1967.
- Mobil Oil Egypt, translation Section, 1958-1959.
- First National City Bank of New York, Cairo Branch, 1959-1961.
- National Bank of Egypt as Banker and some time later as Senior legal adviser, 1961-1975.
- Professor at Cairo University, Khartoum Branch, Faculty of Law and Faculty of Commerce 1972-1973.
- Professor at Mohamed V University, Rabat, Morocco (for civil and commercial law), 1975-1982.
- Professor at Mohamed I University, Oujda, Morocco, 1985-1986.
- Manager Legal Dept., Credit International d’Egypte, 1986-1987.
- Senior Legal Adviser, Riyad Bank, Saudi Arabia, 1987-1990.
- External Examiner, Glasgow Caledonian University as of 1996 (for the Degree of Mphil).
- Member for Egypt to the International Court of Arbitration at the International Chamber of Commerce, Paris from January 1985 till December 1990 (two consecutive periods each of three years).
- Legal Consultant in Nader Law Offices, Jeddah and London, 1991-1993.
- Legal consultant of CIE, CAI & Calyon Banks, Cairo, 1995-2005.
- Accorded an Honorary Membership in the Association of Fellows and Legal Scholars of the Centre For International Legal Studies, Salzburg, Austria.
- Retiring Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London.
- Legal Counsel of Cairo Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (CRCICA).
- Legal Adviser of the Companies Organisation in the Ministry of Economy and Foreign Trade in the Egyptian Government, 1999-2001.
- Teacher in the American University in Cairo (Commercial law), 2003.
- Legal Adviser of the People’s Assembly (Egyptian Parliament), 2003.
- Author of “Awards of Cairo Regional Centre For International Commercial Arbitration – two volumes (in English) containing awards from 1984 till end 2000.
- Author of “Drafting of International Contracts” (English).
- Author of “Commercial Litigation In Saudi Arabia” (English).
- “Legal Guide for Businessmen to Saudi Law and Practice” (in English jointly with Dr. M.M. Nader, published by the Chamber of Commerce in Jeddah).
- Legal Practioner in International and domestic arbitration.