On 18 February 2014, the Milan Chamber of Arbitration (CAM) organized a Colloquium, with CRCICA Director as keynote speaker, on Arbitration in Egypt within the context of the the Colloquia on international arbitration held periodically by the Milan Chamber of Arbitration and addressed to professionals and in-house counsels who are already familiar with the subject of international arbitration.
The Colloquia aim at exchanging views with arbitration experts from different jurisdictions and providing the participants with practical tips on how to use arbitration at different latitudes. They are held in an informal round-table setting in order to encourage the participants to share their experiences with a view to professional development and networking.
The Colloquium on Egypt was moderated by CAM’s Secretary-General, Mr. Stefano Azzali, and was attended by 21 Italian lawyers and in-house counsels from 12 law firms in addition to other companies and entities.
CRCICA Director made a presentation titled “Overview of arbitration in Egypt with special emphasis on institutional arbitration under the auspices of CRCICA” addressing inter alia:
- The salient features of the Egyptian Law on Arbitration;
- The arbitration infrastructure in Egypt;
- The practice of arbitration in Egypt;
- The enforcement of foreign arbitral awards in Egypt;
- The recourse against arbitral awards;
- The salient judicial trends;
- The practice of Investor-state arbitrations involving Egypt; and
- Institutional arbitration under the auspices of CRCICA.